Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Good-bye June. Hello Calm.

My apologies for such a long, drawn-out absence. I beef, really beef, about other blogs being stagnant for long stretches of time, so I should be ashamed of myself. And I am. But to be honest, I just couldn’t possibly pack one more thing in each of the last 10 days. I hated to have wished away June, but I did, I honestly did. It was too much, and I wanted it done. And now it is and I am blissful to be back to my decidedly uneventful life.
And what does that mean is in store for July? Let’s see, the garden is looking neglected, despite Rocketman’s watering efforts. He waters, but he doesn’t dead-head or tidy or weed or many other things. We complement each other well because he likes to do what I don’t like to do and vice versa. Truth be told, I don’t like gardening at all. I don’t like to admit to being “half-empty” about things, but I find gardening futile in the great white North. What do we do it for? A few weeks of flowery goodness? You slave away to get the garden growing and everything looking nice, then poof the blossoms are gone, everything’s dying off and looks awful. In a blink of an eye, autumn is upon us and the endless hours of sweaty, dirty slavery are all down the drain or dried up and rolling into the ditch.
So, attempting a more “half full” outlook, I will look forward to painting the exterior of our house next week. Yes, we’re nuts and are tackling it ourselves. And we pretty much know we aren’t likely to get it all done in one long weekend. And as much as we don’t want to be ‘that place’ on the street that the neighbours talk about because we have a two-tone house, we are still going to forge ahead. I can’t stand the idea of paying someone to do something I can do myself. That being said, I need a lot of paint and tools so let’s hope there’s a paint sale on somewhere this week.  I’ll take some pictures and report back on our progress.

And there’s entertaining to do in July. That will be fun, well once I slog through the whole place cleaning, organizing and scouring. Ah, the crap we put ourselves through. Must get some menus planned.
Last, but never least, I will hope for some relief from incessant heat so that I can get back to hooking. Ah, hooking, how I can’t wait to get going again.
And that, people, is a post about absolutely nothing. You’re welcome, enjoy! J  

No comments:

Post a Comment