Pages

Tuesday 16 December 2014

New House....New Welcome Mat


This past July, Smidgie, Rocket and I moved a whopping one kilometre from our previous home. That's less than a mile for you American folks. Only halfway across a small town. Why? Well, a number of reasons of course with the biggest probably being that that wanted move space. And yes, I acknowledge that it was a 'want', not a 'need'. I try to emphasize the importance of that with Smidgie. 

So around the time that we moved, I saw a tiny picture online of a rug that looked quite amusing to my eye. It was designed by Elinor Barrett, so I contacted her to see if I might buy a pattern from her. Yes, indeed! 

Around August, I started hooking this stinkin' mat. I have to say it was a great deal of fun....even the background. It suits the decor in the new house to a T. I finished it in November and promptly hung it on the half-wall at the front door. 



So if you're ever in the neighbourhood.....come on in!

No comments:

Post a Comment