Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Go-To Recipes

I really enjoy cooking for my family, friends or a crowd, and I love to bake! I have a bazillion (true, I counted) recipes that are printed or ear-marked to try. I'm proud of myself because I now throw out any recipe that's less than fantastic. Life's too short to keep so-so recipes on hand. 

In the spirit of sharing, I thought I would share a few with you that are now what I consider go-to recipes. Those that have served me well and pleased many palates. 

If you've had a meal at my house in the summertime, you've probably had Spicy Chicken Taco Salad. This is a fun, and incredibly delicious summer meal. Jeanine Friesen has her own successful blog (thebakingbeauties.com) and is a cookbook author, but this meal she posted when guest-blogging. Head on over and be sure to try it out.  

Some time ago, the Smidge and I stumbled on this amazing recipe for chocolate chip cookies and have never looked back. There's a small difference in the recipe that distinguishes it from others - the preparation of the baking soda in hot water. It makes a big difference with the cookies, and one that we love! Try out these Best Chocolate Chip Cookies - makes a big batch of yumminess! 

You'll think I like chocolate, and I can not lie. I was looking for a chocolate chip muffin recipe to make for a neighbour, and because I've never made that flavour before I needed a recipe. Sally's recipe is incredibly well explained which I found very educational. The muffins were as promised. If I had to criticize them I'd perhaps say there's too much chocolate - I know, a big problem to have! One note: I know my oven is hot but these muffins were done more than 8 minutes faster than they were supposed to be, so keep a close eye. Otherwise, a gold star for Sally's Baking Addiction Chocolate Chip Muffins

Finally, you may very well have heard of no-knead bread already, but I can attest to the ease of making this bread. If you're needing (not kneading) homemade bread, and haven't tried the recipe, do so. 

That's it for today, but I'll most likely have more to share in the future! 

Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment