Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

#4 is a Wrap

Well, it could be used as a wrap...but it's a quilt! Done! Started about two years ago (my oh my how time flies) and abandoned during the quilting phase. I mentioned it in May 2016 when I was laying out the blocks for the top. 


Because of its size, I was thinking I had to hand quilt it, and had started. Barely. Almost two years later, I knew the possibility of it being hand quilted entirely and ever getting finished, was not good. So in the spirit of #18in2018, I decided to see if I could manhandle this sucker through my piddly little machine. So that's what I did. 


It's not great, but it's usable. Quilting is not my forte, by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't want anyone to look at it too closely. It's a Trip Around the World pattern, with SITD (stitch in the ditch) quilting. But you know what? It's done, and it's already been used. And my daughter is happy!!! 




And my daughter being happy that she finally has her new quilt on her bed, well that makes this journey of doing #18in2018 all the more worthwhile. #4 completed by January 16th, people!! That's what I'm talking about! 






No comments:

Post a Comment